Friday, July 9, 2010

Vintage Finds

I went shopping today! But since our sleepy little town doesn't have any malls nor any shopping destinations to go to (not discouraging tourists though; shopping isn't really something we sell anyway) I went to the most unusual of places: my grandparents house's basement! Yep! An Aunt who lives there told me that certain "stuff" from the basement was going to be thrown out that day. She knew I loved books so she told me to pick out those that I'd love. Termites were eating away the cellulose - rich pages of my grandma's book collection so they had to be thrown out. To my surprise however, I got more than what I bargained for. Look at all these stuff! All vintage, acquired prolly during the 60s or 70s! I rescued them from their garbage dump destination and here they are sitting in our living room awaiting their new mission assignments as decors for either my room or our workplace. So what do we have here? The big brown box thingie is a vintage make-up kit. It probably belongs to my grandma as it contains some of her stuff. It's so pretty I knew I just have to find a new use for it and I think I already know what I'll use it for. Then, in front of the make-up kit is the classic FOX'S candy box my grandpa used to own. It's so colorful and retro! I remember stealing a few of his candies back then. He always had this on his bedside table. Then I found Japanese red boxes and some other ceramic trinkets. Oh I love the painting too! I'm planning to create a wall art of some sort in my room and it'd be a wonderful piece to add. I'm so excited! I'm going to start decorating soon. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jais, i love fox candies. nong nasa pinas ako lagi akong my fox boxes hehehe. Fave ko yung kulay green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ate! Ako rin! Kaso yung lolo ko madamot with it. XD Eh hindi namin yan afford. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails